The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certificated Flight Instructor CFI is responsible to the Chief of Pilot Training for teaching flight laboratories and Ground School as assigned, according to FAA approved syllabi. In addition, the CFI is responsible for providing such services as assigned by the Chief of Pilot Training that are deemed necessary for the smooth and successful operation of the flight education Program.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission in Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Teach individual flight lessons exactly as indicated in the appropriate FAA approved flight course – Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI-A, CFI-I, Multi-engine, and CFI-ME.
- Teach aviation ground school, etc.
- Write and revise syllabi as required.
- Act as an Instructor on Duty when requested.
- Attend CFI/Ground Instructor meetings.
- Perform other duties as required by Chief of Pilot Training or designated representative.
- B.S. Degree
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must possess manual and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to critically analyze flight student weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement.
- Must be self-motivated and able to delegate involving evening and weekend hours.
Certificates and Ratings:
- Commercial Instrument Airplane Single and Multi-engine Land CFI – Airplanes CFI – Multi-engine (preferred)
How to Apply: For a full description and to be considered for this position, please visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2621
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.
Location/Region: Romeoville, IL (US - 60446)