Perform set-up and all position welding on a diversified line of standard weldments and structures in accordance with code certifications, alignment, dimensional and general inspection requirements. Fit and position weldments having a number of parts, use welding fixtures and jigs where applicable. Requires knowledge of welding principles and techniques and an understanding of how to read weld symbols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- MIG / TIG welding for Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Cold Rolled Steel on Tubing and Sheet Metal.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures and Department Procedures.
- Notifies Lead, Supervisor, or Management of problems which affect the production/quality of parts.
- Completes all assignments in a timely manner and meets production delivery schedules.
- Set up pre-fitted parts for welding, and uses hand tools, clamps, jigs, and fixtures.
- Work from specifications, drawings, print sketches and interprets welding symbols.
- May perform layout work and cut metal with a cutting torch.
- Checks work in process and verify in-process inspection sign off during the shift.
- Assures all items on inventory list are logged in.
- Checks part and enters measurements on the First Article Inspection Report, when required.
- Work in a shop environment with a medium noise level and metal dust particles.
- Read Travelers and understand how to route parts to next operation.
401k with match
Location/Region: Burlingame, CA (US - 94010)