Our mission at Elmcroft Senior Living is a dedication to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us by responding to their unique needs and universal desire for dignity and respect. Our values are grounded in respect, creativity, humility, accountability, compassion and kindness, integrity, and the passionate pursuit of excellence. If you believe in this mission and honor our values, please consider joining our team.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Assistant
to perform maintenance and repairs of the physical structures of buildings and grounds, as well as, perform preventive maintenance according to Elmcroft Policy and Procedure Manual. Responsibilities This position:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Paints and performs structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, or oversees the work of contractors to maintain an attractive and safe building, inside and out.
- Performs or oversees the performance of grounds maintenance activities, such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse to keep outside areas of building attractive, safe, and clutter-free.
- Performs or oversees the performance of general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including buffing, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet cleaning, and washing windows.
- Inspects, repairs and services HVAC and environmental control systems or oversees the work of contractors.
- Inspects, repairs and services wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment or oversees the work of contractors.
- Inspects, repairs and services plumbing systems and installations for conformance to governmental codes, sanitation standards, and construction specifications or oversees the work of contractors.
- Performs general repair and repainting of all areas of the building.
- Assists other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintains condition and repairs, repaints, and recarpets as necessary all unoccupied rooms in order to make them attractive for rental within 7 days of vacancy unless needed earlier.
- Abides by all State and Federal safety regulations including OSHA, EPA, MSDS and NEPA, as well as State Regulations.
- Performs preventive maintenance according to Elmcroft policies and procedures in order to assure the building and its contents remain operable and in good condition. Turns in the maintenance calendar to the Executive Director on a monthly basis to ensure compliance, making note of any exceptions.
- Is available to residents to assist in periodic maintenance needs they may have. Completes all work orders within 24 hours of the request.
- Assists residents and family members with move-ins and move-outs, with moving boxes and furniture, hanging pictures, and whatever it takes to make the resident feel at home and comfortable.
- Meets with residents upon move-in to examine all electrical appliances and devices for safety.
- Participates in the 100 hours/100 days program as required by position to assist residents in adjusting to their new home.
- Handles all chemicals according to manufacturer’s directions. Keeps all chemicals under lock and key when not in use for safety of residents.
- Performs Fire, Tornado, and other disaster drills as necessary to prepare staff and residents for an emergency and to satisfy the requirements of Stat Regulations.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents.
- Other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
Qualifications Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Licenses/Certifications: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing preferred
Location/Region: Montrose, WV (US)